With our 3D Printing on-demand services, you can bring your designs to life! Submit the .stl files that you created in TinkerCad or found on Thingiverse, and upon approval from the Library, they will be printed at either the Buenaventura Lakes Library or at TechCentral, located within Hart Memorial Library. 3D Printing projects must be submitted through the webform below and all requests must adhere to our Policies and Guidelines listed.
The Buenaventura Lakes Library is the home of a Makerbot Replicator+, generously donated by Commissioner Viviana Janer. TechCentral, located within Hart Memorial Library, houses our DeltaMaker 2XT, Makerbot Replicator+, and Flash Forge 3D Printers. When you submit your project for 3D printing, you must also choose which Library you would like to pick up your project from. Due to the different mechanical capabilities of our machines, if your project exceeds 6.5 inches in height, your project may need to be picked up from Hart Memorial Library.
The Library has policies in place to ensure the safe and effective operation of our 3D printers. Patrons must read the following Policies and 3D Printing Restrictions before submitting their 3D print request. All 3D prints will be printed by a trained Library staff member. All policies are subject to change without notice.
3D Printing Policies
- Files must be saved with the "STL" extension for printing.
- Only designated Library staff may have hands-on access to the 3D printers.
- Files must be submitted via the below webform.
- Jobs exceeding 8 hours may not be printed.
- Projects will be added to the print queue as they are received and reviewed. No guarantee of completion time is made.
- Printed items will be held for 7 days before becoming property of the Library.
- Objects will not be reprinted except in the case of mechanical failure of the 3D printer.
- Projects can only be printed in one color. You may request a specific color, however there is no guarantee. TIP: 3D printed models can be painted with acrylic paint.
- Maximum build size for the Makerbot Replicator+ is 11.6 inches (width) x 7.6 inches (depth) x 6.5 inches (height). Available for pickup at both the Buenaventura Lakes Library and Hart Memorial Library.
- Maximum build size for the DeltaMaker 2XT is 8.5 inches diameter x 22 inches (height). Available for pickup only at Hart Memorial Library.
3D Printing Restrictions
The Library reserves the right to refuse the production of any content at any time at the discretion of Library staff.
Examples of objects that will not be produced include, but are not limited to:
- Objects that are illegal or harmful to minors.
- Any object that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, tortuous, obscene, and racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- Objects that may be construed as having intent to harm or capability of harming an animal or person in any way.
By submitting objects for printing, the patron assumes all responsibility for, and shall hold the Library harmless in, all matters related to patented, trademarked, or copyrighted materials.