The 2021 Indie Author Regional Contest
Launching April 1, 2021!
The Indie Author Project (IAP) is a publishing community that includes public libraries, authors, curators, and readers working together to connect library patrons with great indie-published books. In addition to IAP’s ongoing curated indie collections, each spring the Indie Author Project hosts local contests trying to find the best indie titles in each participating region.
The 2021 contest runs from April 1st - May 31st. Contests will accept submissions of adult and young adult fiction, to be recognized as the top indie-published eBooks in their region. Out of all of this year’s winners identified by librarian judging committees, one Indie Author of the Year will be chosen by a team of industry professionals. Winners receive career-elevating recognition, as well as these amazing prizes:
- $500 in adult and young adult categories
- Opportunities to promote your book(s) at Florida public libraries
- Inclusion in a full-page spread in Library Journal
- Opportunities to earn royalties through IAP Select collection
Submit your eBook to the Indie Author Project from your Pressbooks account, or from BiblioBoard Library with the "Share Your Book" link in the menu's author section.
- All submissions are vetted by Biblioboard and then Library Journal further vets adult and young adult fiction submissions.
- After the book is vetted by Biblioboard, it appears in Biblioboard Library in the statewide Indie Florida Collection
- Adult and young adult fiction titles deemed by Library Journal as high-quality works are labeled as Indie Author Project Select titles. In addition to being available locally in the statewide Indie Florida Collection, these titles also appear in the genre based LJ IAP Select collections, which are available at participating libraries all across the U.S. and Canada.