* FLIN SHAREit was experiencing technical difficulties but all errors have been resolved. *
Our new Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service gives YOU the power:
Introducing FLIN SHAREit!
FLIN SHAREit gives patrons with Osceola Library cards in good standing direct access to all of the combined library catalogs of participating libraries in one place to browse and place direct requests. Patrons can request items from both public and academic libraries, giving you the opportunity to access both research and popular materials! What's more, FLIN SHAREit allows for requests on more than just books. With FLIN SHAREit, it's now possible to request newer materials, DVDs, Books on CD, braille materials, and copies of documents (such as scanned articles) emailed to you to keep.
Requests are only limited to what is available in the catalog and if the lending libraries are willing to lend them. ILL items must be returned to the Service Desk inside the Library, and not placed in our book drops. The ILL's attached paperwork should not be removed.
** ILL Items will be available for pickup via Curbside Pickup or at the Service Desk of your chosen branch. ILL items cannot be checked out through the self-service Checkout Stations. Items not picked up by the due date will be returned to the lending library and photocopies that are not picked up within 4 weeks will be discarded. **
How to Use FLIN SHAREit
- Check our catalog to confirm that the item is not owned by the Osceola Library System.
- If we don't own the item, log into FLIN SHAREit with the link above and log in with your full Osceola Library card number and PIN number.
- Search for the item(s) you'd like to request
- Click on "Request Item" and confirm your personal information is correct. Click "Submit."
- With this new ILL website, you can request a copy of a document (articles from newspapers, magazines, obituaries, etc.) owned by another library. Search for these as you would any other item. If you need further assistance, contact us at 407.742.8888 or speak with a Librarian at your local Library.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What type of items can I request?
You may request books, large print books, movies (DVD, Blu-ray, VHS videocassettes), music CDs, and copies of documents (articles from newspapers, magazines, obituaries, etc.) from other libraries.
- Are there any items I can't request?
- Items already owned or on order by our Library. Your request will be transferred to a hold on your account.
- Items that have not yet been published or released
- Items published or released in the last year may or may not be available to fulfill (remains to the discretion of lending libraries). We accept Reccomendations for Purchase on our website.
- How many items can I request?
Patrons may have up to 5 active requests at a time.
- Is there a fee to request ILL items?
Most requests will not have a fee. Because this system allows for the lending of a variety of types of resources, there may be items a lending library may request a fee for. Each lending library determines whether a borrower's fee will be assessed for an item or request. Patrons will be notified by the Collection Services staff if such a fee is assessed, and the fee must be paid before the request is processed. Late fees are possible for items that do not arrive back to the lending location by the established due date, and also determined by the lending library.
- How long will it take to get the item(s) I requested?
The Osceola Library System is unable to guarantee if and/or when an ILL request will be delivered. The average wait time is 3 weeks, however, wait time can exceed 8 weeks. Patrons will be notified by the Collection Services staff if a request is unable to be filled.
- How do I change my pickup location?
You will have the opportunity to select a pickup location when making your item request. However, you can also change your pickup location if needed within your FLIN SHAREit account. Click on "Your Account" and "Items From Other Libraries." You will see the dropdown menu for "Pickup Location" with the Item Details. The Pickup Location can be changed until the time the item has shipped from the lending library. Once it is shipped, the pickup location cannot be changed online. You can call the Library at 407.742.8888 if you need to change the location of a shipped or delivered item.
- How do I cancel my ILL request?
Items can be canceled within your FLIN SHAREit account. Click on "Your Account" and "Items From Other Libraries." You will see the option to "Cancel Item" next to the Item Details. Requests may be canceled up until the time it is shipped from the lending library. Once an item has shipped it can no longer be canceled. If an item has already shipped and you longer wish to check it out, call the Library at 407.742.8888 to let them know and they will return it upon receipt.
- Will I get a notice when my items are ready to be picked up?
Yes, patrons will be notified when an item is available for pickup via their chosen form of notification in their Library Card account.
- What is the checkout period for ILL items?
Each lending library determines the loan period of an item; therefore, the Osceola Library System is unable to guarantee the length of the checkout period for an ILL request. Average checkout time is 3 weeks, but can be as short as 5 days. You can view due dates for ILL items in your FLIN SHAREit account by clicking "Your Account" and "Items From Other Libraries." You'll see the set Due Date under "Status" in the Item Details.
- Where can I pick up my item(s)?
Most requests can be picked up at any Osceola Library System branch of your choice. Some items may not be available for checkout and will be designated as "In Library Use Only." Microfilm may be viewed only at the Hart Memorial and St. Cloud Libraries and is designated "In Library Use Only." Remember to visit the Service Desk to checkout your item(s) before leaving, as ILL items cannot be checked out through the self-service Checkout Stations.
- How long will my item(s) be held?
ILL items will be placed on hold and available for you to pick up until the due date set by the lending library. Items not picked up by the due date will be returned to the lending library. The due date set by the lending library does not change based on when the item gets checked out. Therefore, it will be ready for you to pick up via Curbside Pickup or at the Service Desk of your chosen branch. Photocopies that are not picked up within 4 weeks will be discarded. Patrons are encouraged to call the Library at 407.742.8888 if they are unable to pick up an ILL request within the specified time limit.
- How do I return my item(s)?
ILL items may be returned to the Service Desk at any Osceola Library System branch regardless of where the items were originally checked out. Because ILL items require special handling, they must be returned to a staff member, not be placed in a book drop, and the attached paperwork should not be removed.
- Can I renew my item(s)?
The lending library decides whether an item may be renewed or not. You are able to request a renewal within your FLIN SHAREit account by clicking on "Your Account" and "Items From Other Libraries." You will see the option to "Renew Item" next to the Item Details. Click "Renew Item" to request a renewal from the lending library and continue to check your FLIN SHAREit account for updates. ILL items cannot be renewed by circulation staff or within your Osceola Library card account.
- What are the fines for overdue ILL items?
ILL items that are not returned by their assigned due date may incur overdue fines as determined by the lending library.
- What happens if I damage or lose an ILL item?
Patrons are responsible for the damage, replacement cost, and processing fee of any ILL items that are lost, damaged, or stolen in accordance with the Osceola Library System's policies and as determined by the lending library.