April 6, 2021, is National Library Workers Day, a special day to celebrate and honor the staff that make the Osceola Library System an amazing place to work and visit.
The mission of the Osceola Library System is to connect people to ideas and information, celebrate our community’s vibrant and diverse culture, and provide opportunities for life-long learning and personal growth.
Although the COVID-19 pandemic has presented challenges to fulfilling our mission, the mission has endured through the dedication, positivity, and ingenuity of the Osceola Library System staff.
Our creative staff implemented many ways to continue high quality services and experiences delivered to our patrons with safety and convenience as top priorities:
- Curbside Pickup and Personal Shopping
- Questions answered via email, phone and online chat
- eCards for online resources
- Checkout stations for quick checkout and payments
- Expanded check out limits for eResources
- Online storytimes and classes for all ages
- Take and Make Crafts and Storytime Takeouts
- Virtual entertainment and education – Digital Escape Rooms, Prezi presentations, quizzes, scavenger hunts
- Weekly newsletters with important service updates
With ingenuity and resourcefulness, the Library staff created welcoming spaces for study, reading, meeting, or just grabbing a bestseller on the run. And our talented and amazing staff made delivering customer service with safety, enthusiasm, and compassion a priority.
The Library continues to be a gathering place for the community, a place to share ideas and learn something new, to meet up with friends, enjoy a story with family, and nourish the brain with new ideas and activities. As the Library moves into a new chapter of in-person programming and resumption of service hours, Library staff will be busy creating memorable experiences and providing essential services that enrich and connect our community.
How has your favorite Library staff helped you? Nominate them to be a part of the Galaxy of Stars and show them how much they mean to you.
To see how libraries and their staff provide invaluable services to the community, we welcome you to watch this video from the Florida Library Association: