Bring the magic of storytimes into your home! While the Osceola Libraries are not hosting events in the building to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 (follow our Updates Page and social media for more information and details as the situation develops) we wanted to make sure all the kiddos still experienced the adventure and fun of storytime.
Watch your favorite storyteller do storytime like only they can on our YouTube Page! We have an entire playlist of storytime videos featuring all of our Youth staff and even author Peter Raymundo! New videos will be added at 10am every Tuesday and Wednesday in August.
- Storytime Masterlist (all storytime videos in one place!)
- Ms. Susan Storytimes
- Mr. Jonathan Storytimes
- Ms. Michelle Storytimes
- Ms. Crystal Storytimes
- Ms. Lisa Storytimes
Make your own storytime magic with our Storytime Takeouts! These are simple kits with all the tools you need to make your own themed storytime: fun facts or tips for the theme; a fun activity such as a dance, science experiment, or challenge; a nursery rhyme or song to learn and perform together; and a list of theme-related books you can find in our collection! Download the PDFs listed below to get started, and check out or access the books on Tumblebooks, cloudLibrary, or hoopla.
- January 2020 - Birds
- Featuring the Penguin Waddle challenge and a science experiment
- February 2020 - Bilingual Learning
- Featuring tips on how to best help your child learn Spanish and two bilingual songs
- March 2020 - Monkeys
- Featuring a recipe for Chunky Monkey Trail Mix and storytime games
- April 2020 - Counting
- Featuring easy ways to incorporate counting or math principles in everyday activities
- May 2020 - ABCs
- Featuring musical and hands-on ways to help your child learn the alphabet
- June 2020 - Family
- Featuring a song and a questionaire to help your child know their family better
- July 2020 - Red, White, & Blue
- Featuring songs and activities inspired by July 4th, such as making your own fireworks in a jar
Ready to take storytimes to the next level? Help your child with their vowels with these tips, games, and activities designed to help 4 - 6 year old readers conquer the basics of pronunciation and reading.
Looking for more ways for your child to learn from home? Check out our Virtual Programs for games, challenges, videos, and more!