Being a Teen Ambassador is a great way to serve your community while gaining work experience. YOU are needed to make a difference!
Not only do many Osceola County schools require a certain number of volunteer hours from students before graduation, but volunteering can be a great learning experience! Volunteers have the opportunity to learn new skills, make a difference in their community, and meet some great new people.
Applications will be accepted in January, April, and September.
For more information please contact the Youth Services staff at the Library you want to volunteer for. Be sure to use a personal email address and not a student email address in your application.
Hart Memorial Library - Kaitie Martinelli: Kaitlin.Martinelli@osceolalibrary.org
West Osceola Library - Sharmel Bhiro: Sharmel.Bhiro@osceolalibrary.org
St. Cloud Library - Crystal Hamrick: firstname.lastname@example.org
Buenaventura Lakes Library - Susan McCall: email@example.com
Poinciana Library - Liz Correale: Elizabeth.Correale@osceolalibrary.org
Teen Ambassador Guidelines
- Teen Ambassador service will be terminated after 3 no-call/no-shows.
- Carefully record your time. All Teen Ambassadors must wear an ID badge while working.
- Teen Ambassadors will be expected to conduct themselves as role models. Threatening, profane, or abusive language are grounds for disciplinary action. Problems with law enforcement will result in dismissal.
- Teen Ambassadors must keep socializing during their service hours to a minimum. Electronic devices should be turned off or on “silent”. Only emergency phone calls should be taken.
- Friends and family are encouraged to visit the library to participate in programs, but please remember that the Teen Ambassadors are here to perform volunteer service and cannot serve as a responsible caregiver for younger siblings or friends.
- Teen Ambassadors may only enter “Staff Only” areas with permission from the Youth Specialist. This permission does not extend to visitors.
Meet Our Youth Staff
- Learn more about our Youth Services staff, their interests, and backgrounds by visiting Meet our Youth Staff.
Please be aware that the Teen Ambassador service is based on the individual needs of the Library.