This archive hosts all virtual programs and challenges previously done up to last month.
Activities, games, and programs that can be done online and at home!
Remember your Library card or eCard gives you free access to all of our apps and online databases. If you don't already have a Library card, click below to find out how you can apply for an eCard online.
Adults and Teens
- Video Programs
- Hand Lettering for Beginners -- YouTube Link -- The basics of hand lettering, including types of font, embellishments, and proportions.
- Take and Make: Blooming Bouquet -- YouTube Link -- Download the Activity Pack Flyer - Create a realistic blooming bouquet of flowers using paper.
- Dragon Eggs -- YouTube Link -- Hand-craft your very own dragon egg. Supplies needed: 1 Styrofoam Egg, 1-2 colors of nail polish, flat-topped thumb tacks, a small piece of cardboard, and craft glue.
- Hora de Arte: Florero De Vidrio Manchado / Art Time: Stained Glass Vases -- En Español en YouTube - Crea su propio florero de vidrio manchado. Materiales recomendados: florero de vidrio, pintura delineador de vidrio en oro o negro, y varios colores de pintura de vidrio.
- English YouTube Video Create your own stained glass vase. Recommended materials: glass vase, glass liner paint in gold or black, and various colors of glass paint.
- Take and Make: Dot Mandala Painting -- YouTube Link -- Ancient art of Mandala. Download Activity Flyer
- Latin Dance for Beginners: Salsa -- YouTube Link -- Moonlight Dance Studio teaches the basics of Salsa.
- Hora de Arte: Acrílico Derramado / Art Time: Acrylic Pouring -- En Español en YouTube -- La técnica de acrílico derramado. Materiales recomendados: pintura acrílica en varios colores, lienzo 8x10”, jabón líquido, agua, y vasos plásticos.
- English YouTube Video - Acrylic pouring technique. Recommended supplies: acrylic paint in various colors, 8x10” canvas, liquid soap, water, and plastic cups.
- Latin Dance for Beginners: Bachata -- YouTube Link -- MoonLight Dance Studio teaches the basics of Bachata.
- Hora de Arte: Cuentas de Papel / Art Time: Paper Beads -- This program will have two videos, one entirely in Spanish and the other entirely in English. En Español en YouTube -- Diseñe joyas únicas hechas a mano utilizando cuentas de papel. Materiales recomendados: papel reciclado, como revistas, páginas de libros antiguos o cajas de cereales; elástico, tijeras, una regla, pegamento, palillos de dientes, un bloque de espuma de poliestireno y mod podge.
- English YouTube Video - Design unique, handmade jewelry using paper beads. Recommended materials: recycled paper such as magazines, old book pages, or cereal boxes; elastic, scissors, a ruler, glue, toothpicks, a Styrofoam block, and mod podge.
- Hora de Arte: Arte de Cuerda / Art Time: String Art -- This program will have two videos, one entirely in Spanish and the other entirely in English. En Español en YouTube -- La técnica de arte de cuerdas. Materiales recomendados: un trozo de madera, clavos pequeños, hilo de bordar, cinta adhesiva, y una imagen para el contorno. En vivo en YouTube.
- English YouTube Video String art techniques. Recommended materials: a piece of wood, small nails, embroidery floss, tape, and an image for the outline. Powered by YouTube.
- Make Your Own Dragon Eye -- YouTube Link -- Create a glass dragon eye.
- Take and Make: Felt Leaf Wreath -- YouTube Link -- Make your own felt wreath. ACTIVITY PACK.
- DIY Dream Catcher -- YouTube Link
- Take and Make: Holiday Hand Lettering -- YouTube Link
- DIY Herbal Soap Making -- YouTube Link
- DIY Clay Jewelry Dishes -- YouTube Link
- DIY Watercolor Bookmarks -- YouTube Link
- Trivia - #olsTrivia
- Titanic Day Trivia - (Intended for Adults, Teens, and Tweens)
- Poetry in Time - Match the poem to its author. (Intended for Adults, Teens, and Tweens)
- Finish the Lyric - (Intended for Adults and Teens)
- Bastille Day - Test your knowledge on the French Revolution. (Intended for Adults and Teens)
- Greek Mythology Game - Are you as wise as Athena?
- National Hoagie Month Trivia - It's National Sandwich Month. Are you a sandwich connoisseur?
- Romance Remembered - Celebrate National Romance Awareness Month!
- Women's Suffrage Trivia - This month marks the 100th Anniversary of women fighting for the right to vote in the U.S.
- Library Cards: Passports to Adventure! - Celebrate Library Card Sign up Month
- International Literacy Day Trivia - Test your knowledge of the history of literacy and how it is changing and evolving in our society.
- Wizarding Wordsmith - Test your wizarding skills to correctly identify who said what within the beloved Harry Potter book series by J.K. Rowling.
- Kanopy Kraze - Name the movie you can watch on Kanopy based on the clues.
- Salem Witch Trials Trivia Game - Test your knowledge on the infamous Salem Witch Trials.
- The Age of Innocence Trivia Game - Trivia on the novel by Edith Wharton
- Holiday Trivia - World holiday traditions and customs
- Are You Smarter Than a Librarian: Holidays - Compare your knowledge to a Librarian on celebrations from all around the world
- Activities and Games
- Virtual Escape Rooms - #olsescaperoom - Can be completed alone or with a group.
- Bingo Cards - #olsbingo
- Star Wars Day Puzzles - #StarWarsDay #Maythe4thBeWithYou
- Walkabout Scavenger Hunt (JPEG image)
- Read-Alike Book Bites - Take a look at these read-alikes and discover new books in your favorite genre!
- Case Cracked: Volume 1 - Put your crime-solving skills to the test and help investigate some of the most notorious cases from around the globe.
- Herbology for Health & Wellness - Herbal treatments that have the ability to heal and boost physical and mental well-being.
- Case Cracked: Volume 2 - Put your crime-solving skills to the test.
- Haunted Florida - Discover creepy and unexplained places from around our great state!
- Rorschach Test Turns 100 - Discover why the Rorschach Test has been used for 100 years
- Life Hacks - Simplify your life using these everyday tips and tricks.
- Gratitude for the Soul - Improve overall health and well-being with gratitude exercises
- Case Cracked: Volume 3 - Some of the most notorious cases from around the globe
- Books on the Big Screen - Discover which of these Hollywood films are based on literary works by well-known authors.
- Breaking News! 20 in 20 - 20 well-known books, businesses, inventions and more that turned 100 years old in 2020.
- Kitchen Reader Favorites - #olskitchenreader
Recipes chosen from our Kitchen Reader Club members from Philia Kelnhofer's book, Fast & Easy Five-Ingredient Recipes: A Cookbook for Busy People. Permission to use the recipes and meal photos was granted by Philia Kelnhofer.
- For more fast and easy recipes, visit Philia's blog at sweetphi.com
- Gingersnap Peach Crumble (JPEG image) - Chosen by Sandra B.
- "I chose this recipe because it was easy. Plus it had fruit and no added sugar." - Sandra B.
- Prosciutto Parmesan Quiche (JPEG image) - Chosen by Michelle S.
- "I chose this recipe because I love a good quiche (who doesn't!) and am hoping this one will qualify. Also, I am a fan of Prosciutto. No brainer. Quiches sit and travel well, important considerations for a pot luck type of gathering." - Michelle S.
- Crispy Bacon & Brussels Sprouts Salad (JPEG image) - Chosen by Anne B.
- "As for my recipe choice, ordinarily, I avoid Brussels sprouts. I chose this recipe because I tasted a similar dish at a restaurant recently and they were fabulous! So I am hoping to recreate that wonderful dish using this recipe." - Anne B.
- Pesto and Pea Pasta with Chicken (JPEG image) - Chosen by Renee & Danny DeClere
- "Danny and I picked the Pesto and Pea Pasta with Chicken recipe because we both love pesto, pasta, and chicken (I'm not crazy about peas but will give it a try or may switch them with green beans or broccoli.). The other reason we picked this recipe is because we can easily swap regular pasta for gluten free pasta. I've become gluten intolerant and love finding recipes that are gluten free or can become gluten free with a few changes. Looking forward to trying out this new dish!"
Kids and Family
- Storytime Friends
Our team of Librarians join forces to play, sing songs, and read their favorite tales! For one-on-one storytime links, previous Storytime Takeouts, and Reading Basics worksheets, visit our Storytimes and Reading at Home page.
- Dragons -- YouTube Link -- Activity Pack Flyer PDF
- Birds -- YouTube Link -- Activity Pack Flyer PDF
- Teddy Bear Picnic -- YouTube Link -- Activity Pack Flyer PDF
- Hats -- YouTube Link -- Activity Pack Flyer PDF
- Trucks -- YouTube Link -- Activity Pack Flyer PDF / Truck Craft
- Let's Go to the Zoo -- YouTube Link -- Activity Pack PDF
- Welcome Autumn -- YouTube Link-- Activity Pack PDF
- Firehouse Stories -- YouTube Link -- Activity Pack PDF
- Spooky Tales -- YouTube Link-- Activity Pack Flyer PDF
- Train Tales -- YouTube Link -- Activity Pack PDF
- Celebrate Veterans Day -- YouTube Link -- Activity Pack PDF
- Puppets on the Loose -- YouTube Link -- Activity Pack PDF
- Thanksgiving -- YouTube Link -- Activity Pack Flyer PDF
- Hanukkah -- YouTube Link -- Activity Pack Flyer PDF
- Christmas -- YouTube Link -- Activity Pack Flyer PDF
- Kwanzaa -- YouTube Link -- Activity Pack Flyer PDF
- Ornament Extravaganza! -- YouTube Link -- Activity Pack Flyer PDF
- Happy New Year! -- YouTube Link -- Activity Pack Flyer PDF
Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month: Mother Goose y Amigos Storytime -- bi-lingual Mother Goose Storytime.
- Video Programs - #olsvirtualkids
Crafts, classes, experiments, and more that can be done at home. Presented by our Youth Staff.
Book Club with Youth Staff reading through the SSYRA list for grades 3-5.
- Attack of Not-So-Virtual Monsters by Kim Harrington -- YouTube Link -- Gummy Bear Experiment PDF
- Beatrice Zinker, Upside Down Thinker by Shelley Johannes -- YouTube Link
- Bernice Buttman, Model Citizen by Niki Lenz -- YouTube Link
- Caterpillar Summer by Gillian McDunn -- YouTube Link -- Kinetic Sand Recipe
- Dragons in a Bag by Zetta Elliot -- YouTube Link -- Facebook Event Page
- How I Became a Spy: A Mystery of WWII London by Deborah Hopkinson -- YouTube Link
- Inkling by Kenneth Oppel -- YouTube Link - How to Draw Sheet by Kenneth Oppel
- Games and Activities
- Bingo Cards - #olsbingo
- Photo Challenges - #olsphotochallenge
- Artful Monday - #olsArtfulMonday
- Beanstack Challenges - #olsbeanstack
Accessible via osceolalibrary.beanstack.org. You do not need to have a Library card or eCard to register and use Beanstack. Anyone regardless of whether they have a Library card can register and participate.
- One Book, One Community
An initiative encouraging kids in Preschool to 5th grade to read and discuss with family brought to you by Publix in partnership with the Orlando Sentinel.