This archive hosts all virtual programs and challenges previously done up to last month.
Activities, games, and programs that can be done online and at home!
Remember your Library card or eCard gives you free access to all of our apps and online databases. If you don't already have a Library card, click below to find out how you can apply for an eCard online.
Adults and Teens
- Video Programs
- Hand Lettering for Beginners -- YouTube Link -- The basics of hand lettering, including types of font, embellishments, and proportions.
- Take and Make: Blooming Bouquet -- YouTube Link -- Download the Activity Pack Flyer - Create a realistic blooming bouquet of flowers using paper.
- Dragon Eggs -- YouTube Link -- Hand-craft your very own dragon egg. Supplies needed: 1 Styrofoam Egg, 1-2 colors of nail polish, flat-topped thumb tacks, a small piece of cardboard, and craft glue.
- Hora de Arte: Florero De Vidrio Manchado / Art Time: Stained Glass Vases -- En Español en YouTube - Crea su propio florero de vidrio manchado. Materiales recomendados: florero de vidrio, pintura delineador de vidrio en oro o negro, y varios colores de pintura de vidrio.
- English YouTube Video Create your own stained glass vase. Recommended materials: glass vase, glass liner paint in gold or black, and various colors of glass paint.
- Take and Make: Dot Mandala Painting -- YouTube Link -- Ancient art of Mandala. Download Activity Flyer
- Latin Dance for Beginners: Salsa -- YouTube Link -- Moonlight Dance Studio teaches the basics of Salsa.
- Trivia - #olsTrivia
- Titanic Day Trivia - (Intended for Adults, Teens, and Tweens)
- Poetry in Time - Match the poem to its author. (Intended for Adults, Teens, and Tweens)
- Finish the Lyric - (Intended for Adults and Teens)
- Bastille Day - Test your knowledge on the French Revolution. (Intended for Adults and Teens)
- Greek Mythology Game - Are you as wise as Athena?
- National Hoagie Month Trivia - It's National Sandwich Month. Are you a sandwich connoisseur?
- Romance Remembered - Celebrate National Romance Awareness Month!
- Women's Suffrage Trivia - This month marks the 100th Anniversary of women fighting for the right to vote in the U.S.
- Library Cards: Passports to Adventure! - Celebrate Library Card Sign up Month
- International Literacy Day Trivia - Test your knowledge of the history of literacy and how it is changing and evolving in our society.
- Wizarding Wordsmith - Test your wizarding skills to correctly identify who said what within the beloved Harry Potter book series by J.K. Rowling.
- Activities and Games
- Virtual Escape Rooms - #olsescaperoom - Can be completed alone or with a group.
- Bingo Cards - #olsbingo
- Star Wars Day Puzzles - #StarWarsDay #Maythe4thBeWithYou
- Walkabout Scavenger Hunt (JPEG image)
- Read-Alike Book Bites - Take a look at these read-alikes and discover new books in your favorite genre!
- Case Cracked: Volume 1 - Put your crime-solving skills to the test and help investigate some of the most notorious cases from around the globe.
- Herbology for Health & Wellness - Herbal treatments that have the ability to heal and boost physical and mental well-being.
- Kitchen Reader Favorites - #olskitchenreader
Recipes chosen from our Kitchen Reader Club members from Philia Kelnhofer's book, Fast & Easy Five-Ingredient Recipes: A Cookbook for Busy People. Permission to use the recipes and meal photos was granted by Philia Kelnhofer.
- For more fast and easy recipes, visit Philia's blog at sweetphi.com
- Gingersnap Peach Crumble (JPEG image) - Chosen by Sandra B.
- "I chose this recipe because it was easy. Plus it had fruit and no added sugar." - Sandra B.
- Prosciutto Parmesan Quiche (JPEG image) - Chosen by Michelle S.
- "I chose this recipe because I love a good quiche (who doesn't!) and am hoping this one will qualify. Also, I am a fan of Prosciutto. No brainer. Quiches sit and travel well, important considerations for a pot luck type of gathering." - Michelle S.
- Crispy Bacon & Brussels Sprouts Salad (JPEG image) - Chosen by Anne B.
- "As for my recipe choice, ordinarily, I avoid Brussels sprouts. I chose this recipe because I tasted a similar dish at a restaurant recently and they were fabulous! So I am hoping to recreate that wonderful dish using this recipe." - Anne B.
- Pesto and Pea Pasta with Chicken (JPEG image) - Chosen by Renee & Danny DeClere
- "Danny and I picked the Pesto and Pea Pasta with Chicken recipe because we both love pesto, pasta, and chicken (I'm not crazy about peas but will give it a try or may switch them with green beans or broccoli.). The other reason we picked this recipe is because we can easily swap regular pasta for gluten free pasta. I've become gluten intolerant and love finding recipes that are gluten free or can become gluten free with a few changes. Looking forward to trying out this new dish!"
Kids and Family
- Storytime Friends
Our team of Librarians join forces to play, sing songs, and read their favorite tales! For one-on-one storytime links, previous Storytime Takeouts, and Reading Basics worksheets, visit our Storytimes and Reading at Home page.
- Video Programs - #olsvirtualkids
Crafts, classes, experiments, and more that can be done at home. Presented by our Youth Staff.
Book Club with Youth Staff reading through the SSYRA list for grades 3-5.
- Games and Activities
- Bingo Cards - #olsbingo
- Photo Challenges - #olsphotochallenge
- Artful Monday - #olsArtfulMonday
- Beanstack Challenges - #olsbeanstack
Accessible via osceolalibrary.beanstack.org. You do not need to have a Library card or eCard to register and use Beanstack. Anyone regardless of whether they have a Library card can register and participate.
- One Book, One Community
An initiative encouraging kids in Preschool to 5th grade to read and discuss with family brought to you by Publix in partnership with the Orlando Sentinel.