Borrow from other Florida libraries with Interlibrary Loan!
Are you looking for an item you cannot locate at the Library? FLIN SHAREit, our Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service, provides Osceola Library cardholders access to catalogs from participating public and academic libraries in Florida.
With FLIN SHAREit you can request books, DVDs, books on CD, braille materials and photocopies, as well as documents emailed to you to keep.
Important Things to Know about Interlibrary Loan
- Requests are limited to what is available in the catalog and are at the discretion of lending libraries.
- Some items may not be available for checkout and will be designated as “In Library Use Only.” Microfilm can be viewed only at the Hart Memorial and St. Cloud libraries.
- Items can’t be renewed. Due dates are determined by the lending library.
- Keep all ILL paperwork attached to borrowed items.
- Items not picked up by the due date will be returned to the lending library. Photocopies not picked up within 4 weeks will be discarded.
- Return ILL items to the Service Desk inside the Library instead of book drops.
- Items returned late may incur overdue fines as determined by the lending library.
How to Use FLIN SHAREit
- Log in to FLIN SHAREit with your Osceola Library card number and PIN.
- Search for the item(s) you’d like to request.
- Click on “Request Item” and confirm your personal information is correct.
- Check that you have selected the correct pickup location.
- Click “Submit.”
- For additional assistance, contact us at 407.742.8888 or speak with a Librarian at your local Library.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there items I can't request?
- Items already owned or on order by our Library. Your request will be transferred to a hold on your account.
- Items that have not yet been published or released.
- Items published or released in the last year may not be available to fulfill (remains to the discretion of lending libraries).
For new items, Suggest a Purchase on our website.
How long will it take to get the items I requested?
The Osceola Library System is unable to guarantee if or when an ILL request will be delivered. The average wait time is 3 weeks, however, wait time can exceed 8 weeks. Patrons will be notified by the Collection Services staff if a request is unable to be filled.
How do I cancel my ILL request?
Items can be canceled in your FLIN SHAREit account. Click on “Your Account” and “Items From Other Libraries.” Select “Cancel Item” next to the Item Details. Requests may be canceled up until the time it is shipped from the lending library. Once an item has shipped it can no longer be canceled. If an item has already shipped and you do not wish to check it out, call the Library at 407.742.8888 to let them know and they will return it upon receipt.
Will I get a notice when my items are ready for pickup?
Yes, patrons will be notified when an item is available for pickup via their
chosen form of notification in their Library Card account.
What is the checkout period for ILL items?
Each lending library determines the loan period of an item; therefore, the Osceola Library System is unable to guarantee the length of the checkout period for an ILL request. Average checkout time is 3 weeks, but can be as short as 5 days. You can view due dates for ILL items in your FLIN SHAREit account by clicking “Your Account” and “Items From Other Libraries.” You’ll see the set Due Date under “Status” in the Item Details.
Be advised, due dates are set from the time the item is shipped from the
lending library, NOT from the time of checkout.
Can I renew my items?
ILL items are not eligible for renewal.
What happens if I damage or lose an ILL item?
Patrons are responsible for the damage, replacement cost, and processing fee of any ILL items lost, damaged, or stolen in accordance with the Osceola Library System’s policies and as determined by the lending library.