Are you an author local to Central Florida? Would you like to see your book(s) on our shelves? Here’s how you can be part of our print and/or digital collection!
- To be considered for inclusion in our print Local Author Collection, download a Local Author Submission Form below and submit it with no more than 2 copies of your book to any of our Library branches. If selected, your book will be added to our Local Author shelves and become part of our circulation!
Browse our Local Author Collection.
Digital Collection via BiblioBoard
Pressbooks Public allows local authors to create and professionally format books, poetry, novels, and other written content into digital and print-ready formats. Pressbooks is an easy-to-use digital self-publishing tool that creates professional-quality eBook and print-ready files in ePUB, MOBI, and PDF formats.
There are two ways to access Pressbooks Public:
- Go to BiblioBoard Library. Click the “Menu” button, then select “Create Your Book.”
- Or, visit Pressbooks Public directly.
How-To Videos and Documents for Pressbooks Public:
Indie Author Project (IAP)
- Share your eBook and increase exposure with the Indie Author Project (IAP)!
- Chosen authors will have their book showcased in the statewide Indie Florida Collection with the potential for national exposure, while retaining all rights to their work and receiving royalties based on usage.
- Submit your eBook to the IAP from your Pressbooks account or with BiblioBoard Library.
- After a book is vetted by BiblioBoard and the IAP team, it is made available to participating libraries statewide on BiblioBoard Library.
- After a submission is added to the author’s local Indie Collection, Library Journal then vets all Adult and Young Adult fiction submissions for inclusion in IAP Select.
- Submissions deemed as high-quality will appear in the IAP Select collections and be made available on all major library eBook platforms including cloudLibrary, OverDrive, and Axis360.