Select an Item
The Library offers more than books…
We’re committed to helping you achieve your goals in work, school and life! Whether you need mobile technology, education tools or just something fun to do with your friends, we’re here to help. Visit your local Osceola Library branch to learn more about the technology, kits and more that you can take home with just your Library card.
Need a computer to take home? Chromebooks are user-friendly laptops that use the Google operating system. They can access the Internet and require a Google account to log in. Your Google account will connect the Chromebooks to your personal Google Drive online where files can be stored or shared in the Cloud. Google offers Microsoft Office-like products for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, video conferencing, and more. Chromebooks do not have access to Microsoft Office but Google files are compatible with Office.
- Chromebooks can be checked out for 14 days and cannot be renewed.
- One Chromebook is allowed per card.
- Chromebooks do not incur late fees, but a replacement fee will be charged for computers (and any cords, cases, etc.) not returned within 30 days of due date.
Book Bundles are small collections of books, DVDs, and/or books on CD that share the same theme, genre, writing style, or author, etc., and are grouped for easy checkout. Each branch will have Book Bundles available for all ages! Book Bundles will be updated and changed out frequently, so there will always be something new to enjoy.
- The number of Book Bundles allowed per card varies based on the number of books per Bundle.
- Custom Book Bundles can be created upon request – contact us for more details.
Limited Children’s Book Bundles can be reserved online, but Adult bundles and other Children’s bundles are available for pickup without reservation at each Library branch.
Take WiFi on the go! Hotspots provide fast and reliable 4G Internet service. One hotspot can connect up to 10 devices (phones, laptops, tablets, printers, cameras, etc.) at the same time. Hotspots are checked out in a carrying case that include the hotspot and a USB charger cable with a cube. In order to check out a hotspot, you must put one on hold through our catalog as they will not be available on the shelves.
- Hotspots can be checked out for 14 days and cannot be renewed.
- One Hotspot is allowed per card.
- Hotspots do not incur late fees, but a replacement fee will be charged for Hotspots (including cords and case) not returned within 30 days of due date.
Book Club Kits
Start your very own book club with friends! The Library has a large selection of titles for kids and adults in kits that you can pick up at any of our branches. Each kit contains 10 copies of the book, discussion questions, suggested activities, and a biography of the author. Kits can be found at the five main branches or placed on hold through our catalog for pick-up at your preferred branch.
Adult Book Club Author Talks
Random Road by Thomas Kies Author Talk
Five Total Strangers by Natalie D. Richards Author Talk
The Bone Keeper by Luca Veste Author Talk
The Texas Job by Reavis Z. Wortham Author Talk
The Silenced Women by Frederick Weisel Author Talk
Boost early literacy and learning skills with Launchpads! Designed for kids Pre-K to 8th grade, each tablet is pre-loaded with fun, interactive ways to learn letters, numbers, critical thinking skills, and life skills.
Browse our collection of LaunchPads or place a hold in the catalog. LaunchPads are available for pickup at your local Library branch.
Two Launchpads per card at a time – only full-service cards, no OLL Access Passes or eCards
Launchpads check out for 14 days, non-renewable
Lost fee = cost of item (average is $100-$130)
No overdue/late fees
Launchpads must be returned to a Service Desk, not the Book Drop.
Introduce and reinforce early literacy skills with your little one with our new Phonics Kits. Books at each level are carefully selected to meet the needs of a child's reading development. Kits contain up to 25 books with options in English and Spanish, with popular characters and themes.
Browse our collection of Phonics Kits or place a hold in our catalog, then stop by your local Library branch for pickup.
When using a check out station at the Library, you must scan the barcode on the box and each book in the kit.
You cannot check out a partial kit.
Kits do not incur late charges but fines will be issued for missing items.
Do you like to build? Are you interested in science? Our new STEAM Kits contain science experiments, art, music and other activities for children and families to enjoy! Explore important topics through hands-on learning and fun, challenging activities.
Visit your local Library branch to check out a STEAM Kit on the topic of your choice!
- One STEAM Kit per card at a time – only full-service cards, no OLL Access Passes or eCards
- STEAM Kits check out for 14 days and are non-renewable.
- Some STEAM Kits such as the Microscope and Human Body kits are available for use only in the Library - Check out with a Library card is required.
- Lost fee = cost of item
- No overdue/late fees
- STEAM Kits must be returned to a Service Desk, not the Book Drop.