The Osceola Library System's mission is to connect people to ideas and information, celebrate our community's vibrant and diverse culture and provide opportunities for life-long learning and personal growth.
- Delivering exceptional service
- Embracing diversity and inclusion
- Literacy and learning in all forms
- Innovative and enriching services and programs
- Creating useful and pleasing spaces
- Open access to information and ideas
STRATEGIC PLANNING: GOALS
During the community input process, desire for library services in four goal areas became clear:
- ECONOMIC RESILIENCE
- Increase support to those seeking alternative education, searching for jobs, building new skills and making connections for career growth.
- VIRTUAL INNOVATION
- Enhance virtual services, digital collections and technology to explore new connections, promote online engagement and champion equitable access for all Osceola County residents.
- COMMUNITY VISIBILITY
- Raise the Osceola Library System's profile in the community to engage new patrons and to awaken interest in the vitality and importance of Library services.
- CULTURAL CONNECTOR
- Connect and unify patrons through Library programs and services designed to celebrate Osceola County's rich traditions and embrace the diversity of a dynamic and growing community.
FROM PLANNING TO ACTION
During the four-year planning horizon, the Osceola Library System will grow and change along with the community. This strategic plan is designed to be flexible, understanding that objectives and actions to achieve them might change.